A PROVOCATION and An INVITATION
Tomorrow’s Global Leaders
Retreat – Reflect – Return to
The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals for 2030
WE ARE NOW DELIGHTED TO OFFER OUR WORK TO DATE ON THIS AS A PROVOCATION TO THE FIELD OF LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT.
Elaine Patterson and Jackie Arnold have been working together since 2016 to explore what global leaders needed and how the teachings from the Diploma in Coaching Supervision from CSA International Ltd might be applied more systematically to the field of leadership development.
We had been introduced by Edna Murdoch one of the Co-Founders of CSA because we shared an instinct that more creative and reflective styles of working were needed. Particularly if we were to courageously reshape what is no longer working or dare to wisely co-create new futures from what remains and/ or wants to emerge.
This prompted us to co-lead an action research inquiry with Dr. Alison Hodge as our Research Supervisor. The report is attached. 10 senior Global Leaders were matched with 10 senior CSA Global Coaching Supervision Practitioners meeting for three 90 minute sessions. Whilst not an extensive sample, we found that a distinct hybrid practice called 1:1 “Executive Reflection” offered leaders a powerful oasis and laboratory for change, specifically when aiming for the UN’s 17 Sustainable Global Goals for 2030.
We have now come to a natural end of this phase of our work.
We therefore want to simply offer our findings with our supporting materials listed below as a powerful provocation for
- leaders to reflect on how they can optimise their impact particularly in terms of the UN Sustainable Global Goals for 2030
- practitioners who support leaders to reflect on their own development and purpose, and to consider how best to build on and enhance their own processes and practices of reflection.
Please get in touch with either of us if you would like to explore any of this further.
Jackie can be contacted at email Jackie@coach4executives.com and via her website www.coach4executives.com . Elaine can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org and via her website www.elainepattersonexecutivecoaching.com
Jackie Arnold and Elaine Patterson
The links to our materials are:
- PDF Research Report “An Action Research Inquiry into the Value and Relevance of Executive Reflection in a Global, Virtual and Diverse World”
- “Tomorrow’s Global Leaders Today Executive Reflection: Working Wisely in Turbulent Times” on Amazon at https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomorrows-Global-Leaders-Today-Reflection/dp/1916456073/
- A Series of 4 short podcasts called “Tomorrow’s Global Leaders Today” downloadable here.
- Two papers from EMCC GPS Conversations held at Heathrow in November 2019 and on line in May 2020.