The previous page focused on personal barriers to coaching; this page looks at organisational ones. As with individual coaching, there may be just one, or several, of the listed barriers present and there are a number of ways they can be addressed.
Key organisational barriers are listed here.
- No real evidence of outcomes/impact
- Cost of effective coach/mentor training
- Time for sessions, venue and cover
- Lack of buy in from senior management
- Culture where trust and openness is not encouraged
- Poor systems and processes
- Tensions and mistrust in the team
- The perception of coaching and those being coached
Select each link below to explore these barriers further.